The report of a Chicago task force investigation into the culture and practices Chicago Police Department contains some disturbing revelations ( these are probably not revelations to the black and brown people of Chicago though.). The report states that the Chicago Police Department's "own data gives validity to the widely held belief the police have no regard for the sanctity of life when it comes to people of color."
Here are seven findings from the disturbing report:
1. Blacks are shot at alarming rates.
2. City has a sad history of false arrests and wrongful convictions.
3. Those sworn to protect instead often mistreat.
4. Many cops view people of color as perps.
5. Combating racial bias is not a department priority.
6. There is no accountability.
7. Police stops make matters worse.
Read more about this disturbing report here: 'No regard': 7 stark findings on Chicago police treatment of blacks and Latinos