Contrary to what Trump spokesman Sean Spicer music great Quincy Jones will not be attending President-Elect Donald Trump's New Years Eve party.
A spokesman for Quincy Jones says that he will be spending New Year’s Eve with his family in Los Angeles and will not be attending a party hosted by President-elect Donald Trump on Saturday at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.
Earlier on Friday, in a transition team call with reporters, Trump spokesman Sean Spicer said that Jones and actor Sylvester Stallone were among those on the guest list for the party, with about 800 guests attending.
Jones’s spokesman, Arnold Robinson, said that he wouldn’t be attending, and didn’t know where Trump’s team got the information.
Jones, the legendary music producer, has been a longtime supporter of Democrats, and donated to Hillary Clinton in the recent presidential campaign. He has promoted the idea of creating a White House position devoted to the arts, perhaps a “secretary of the arts.”