Cory Booker Public Education Platform
Access to a high-quality public education should not depend on a child’s zip code. Teachers across the country are overworked, underpaid, and under-supported at a time when they are going above and beyond for our students. They deserve better. We must pay teachers more, stop Republican attacks on public education, and invest in our schools.
As president, Cory will massively expand support for public schools and our public school teachers:
* Guarantee universal early childhood education.
* Invest in teachers by raising pay, eliminating student debt, and providing financial assistance for teacher certification and licensing.
* Strengthen our public schools by putting additional resources into underperforming school districts.
* Fully fund special education.
* Expand the Office of Civil Rights at the Department of Education.